Sizzling Pepper Steak (Review)

POSTED: MARCH 27, 2009 5:33PM Me and Heinel’s pretty Ninangs, Elaine and Mollie had dinner at Sizzling Pepper Steak in the newly opened Glorietta 5. Being one of those run of the mill, restaurants, I gave it a 2 stars rating. First of all, the place is really, really small. On my estimate there are only about 4-4 seater tables inside the restaurant. We went there on a Wednesday night with only a few customers and the place is almost filled up. I can just imagine the chaos on a weekend! Their specialty is, as their name goes, Sizzling Pepper Steak which is actually slices of medium well beef, cooked on the spot to this round and hot, you can see and feel the sizzle, plate. Dig this, the plate is so hot that if you don’t flip the beef, it will actually burn! It has rice and paired with their “signature” sauce. I tasted it (thanks Elaine for sharing your meal), and there really is nothing special to it. I tried their Chicken Teriyaki and again, nothing great. Mind you, I was really starved when the food was served and yet, I didn’t find it delicious at al! Another disappointment is the service. It took them a good 20 minutes (or more) before our food was served. One of the reasons why I go out on weekdays is to avoid the queue of orders. And yet it still took time that long to serve the dishes. Haaayyy.. what a disappointment! Instead of dining at Sizzling Pepper Steak, I would suggest you go to Sizzling Plate instead (I think they’re found at almost all SM food courts). You will even save yourselves a couple of Pesos.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: